Tuesday, April 28, 2009

2009 Sloan-C Workshop...

The workshop was awesome! I learned a lot, met some great people, and shared a lot of resources. Norm Vaughan (co-author of Blended Learning in Higher Education) was the presenter for the Instructional Strategies track. He did a terrific job of capitalizing on the great ideas among the participants while interjecting his own expertise. I left with lots of goodies! Here are some resources to check out...

http://shex.org/wiki/Collaborative_learning_technologies - Wiki maintained by Norm Vaughan; also contains notes from the workshop...

http://www.uic.edu/depts/oee/blended/workshop/ - Sloan-C workshop homepage--check here for the workshop presentation resources.

I also presented a poster at the workshop (standing with me in this pic is Norm Vaughan). Here is a link to the poster slides. Keep in mind that the project is in its infancy, so you can contact me for updates.



Here is another picture of me at the poster session with my favorite colleague--my mom! We came to the hotel a few days before the workshop for a dissertating retreat and she joined me at the Poster Presentation for a photo.

No comments: